Friday, September 7, 2007

Work and The Process of Learning


Its Friday again, where has the week gone to? It always seems like the days go by so slowly, but the week just flies right past you. I don’t know if it’s just me that feels that way, or if others do. Anyway excuse my absence of blog entries it has been pretty hectic around the office and with the radio station; basically all of the above has been really hectic the past few weeks. Well last time I was filling you in on what has been going on work wise. For a follow up, we have been taking our evaluations as we planned before, and they have been going quite well. Although I’m still in the process of learning so much when it comes to work, it’s still really beneficial and enlightening for me. It’s never boring and there is always something fresh and new to do. But I won’t lie it can get really frustrating, but you learn to deal with it, accept it, and move on. I have been getting lots of experience with my speaking skills in terms of being able to carry a semi-business conversation, and I have been learning and getting more experience when it comes to sales. It is such a challenge and it’s not as easy as people would think, but that’s the total beauty of doing it. Placing application into acquiring experience in an area where you currently have very little to draw upon. It’s ok to have little expertise in a certain situation, or when you are starting to approach some sort of new business endeavor, although you have to learn how to develop and build, on top of the very little experience that you currently are carrying. We have all stated this before, it is always ok to make mistakes, so that way when it comes down to the second time around that you are going through a similar experience, remember the mistake you made previously, learn from it, and try going about it a different way. As you see I’m still in the process of learning from my mistakes and moving on to where I am able to except it, and try again. I’ve done it so many times already, and I am just learning so much more as I keep moving on and keep trying. Until next time take it easy, be safe, and have a great weekend.